We all want to improve educational achievement in the district. Learning starts at birth and continues for life – inside and outside formal education. So the changes we need can’t happen unless we all work together.
We are proposing a Bradford Education Covenant to set out what we can all do to improve education – as a council, as schools, as businesses, as individuals, as a community and with government support. We want everyone in the district to take part in the Covenant, so we need you to tell us what you think is important and what needs to change.
What we will offer
As a local authority we pledge to:
- keep schools and education a top priority
- challenge and support schools to rapidly improve
- make better use of top schools and headteachers by spreading their best practice
- recruit, retain and develop high quality teachers and headteachers
- work with national government to provide enough school places
- strongly support families and children in the early years to ensure all children are school ready
- work closely with businesses to get young people ready for work and life
- make full use of the district’s unique cultural and creative learning opportunities for young people.
What we ask
We are asking for the following support: Continue reading How can we all improve education in Bradford?