Bradford City Runs, on Sunday, 25 October, is a great event for beginners and faster runners as it offers three distances around the Bradford area 5k, 10k and Half Marathon. Plus a kids race too! Sign up now and this is what you can expect on the day:
- College and University route
- Prizes in all main categories
- Medals for all Kids race finishers
- Medals & T-Shirts for Adult race finishers
- Accurately measured course
- Chip timing
- Expert marshalling
- Children’s Play Zone
This year we are raising money for the Plastic Surgery and Burns Research Unit (PSBRU) based at the University of Bradford. The unit was set up after the tragic Bradford City fire thirty years ago and continues to explore groundbreaking treatment techniques for burns sufferers. You can download a PSBRU sponsorship form or raise money for your own favourite charity.
Participants of all levels are welcome, including those in fancy dress, to walk, run, support and celebrate at a great community event! A fun filled family day with entertainment and prizes!
Among those who’ve already put their name down are the Lord Mayor of Bradford, Coun Joanne Dodds, Bradford Council’s new Chief Executive Kersten England and teams from local companies, organisations and running clubs. The event is also being hugely supported by Bradford City and Bradford Bulls and many other groups in the City.
Timings for the day
Continue reading Bradford City Runs 2015
We have created a new section on our website to help you take a more active role in local democracy and to create greater transparency.
To make it as useful as possible we would like your feedback and input.
What you will find in this new democracy section
The new democracy section currently includes:
- Council meetings information including agendas, minutes, declarations of interest etc
- Decisions made and forward plans
- Information on outside bodies which impact Council services
- Parish councils’ information
- Councillor, MP and MEP contact information.
Things that are different with the new section are:
- Information that used to be in different parts of our website is now all together
- It is now mobile friendly
- You can now easily link to individual documents
- All documents relating to a specific agenda item can be linked together
- You can add a meeting to your own personal calendar
- A “What’s new” section automatically shows the latest documents
- You can sign up for alerts about for documents
- There is a mobile app version
mod.gov mobile app
The mod.gov mobile app will let you download and view papers for Bradford Council meetings on your smartphone or tablet. The app is available from the Google Play Store and from the Apple App Store.
When you first open the app you will see a “Publisher” screen, where you need to choose Bradford from the list. Then you choose which committees you are interested in.
We would like your feedback
Does it do what you think it should?
Can you easily find what you are looking for in this new section?
Are you able to do everything you would expect, and want to be able to do? Continue reading New home for democracy information online