We are determined not to miss any bin collection days over the festive season, particularly as you might have a lot of wrapping paper and empty bottles that you want to recycle.
If one of your regular bin days falls on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day we will empty it on a different day. These changes apply to both recycling collections and general waste collections:
- If one of your bins was due to be emptied on Christmas Day (Thursday), it will be emptied on Monday, 22 December.
- If one of your bins was due to be emptied on Boxing Day (Friday), it will be emptied on Saturday, 27 December.
- If one of your bins was due to be emptied on New Year’s Day (Thursday), it will be emptied on Monday, 29 December.
All other bin days remain as normal.
Get a bin day reminder on our app
If you are now thinking, “that’s great, but please can you remind me the day before?” the answer is, “Actually, yes we can”. If you have installed our mobile app on your smartphone or tablet, you can get an alert the day before any of your bins are due out. We have told the app about the changes over the festive season, so it will give you the correct date.
You can also check your bin day on our website or look at the recycling calendar we sent out to every household.
Recycling Christmas trees
Once you are done with your real Christmas tree, you could take it to one of our eight household waste recycling centres. Or you could take it to be recycled at any of the following garden centres:
- ACW, Canal Road
- Stephen H Smith, in Wilsden
- Peel Park Nursery
- Tong Garden Centre
- Woodbank Garden Centre, in Harden
Recycling bottles, cans, cards and wrapping paper
Glass bottles, plastic bottles, cans, Christmas cards and wrapping paper can all be put in your recycling bins. You will also find Christmas card recycling points at major retailers. You will find a lot more information about Christmas recycling on our website.